MEET THE LADIES OF OOH LA LA
Owner & Wedding Planner
- I've always been very detail oriented, organized and creative, so event planning seemed to be the perfect career to put my skills to work. In college I took an internship at a local wedding venue and after executing my first wedding, I was hooked.
- I started Ooh La La on Sept. 1, 2011 and am so proud of the growth and success we've had in such a short time.
- Five things I can't live without are, my husband (who's been my best friend since high school and is my sounding board for every crazy idea and tough decision), animals (I love them all, especially our sassy beagle), music (I love to dance!), cheese and dark chocolate.
- My favorite part of wedding planning is figuring out the logistics of the timeline and creating the perfect flow to an event and then of course having everything run smoothly and on time without guests knowing we're sticking to any kind of schedule.
- My favorite wine country restaurant is Rosso's Pizzeria & Wine Bar in Santa Rosa. One word: Burrata.
- When I'm not planning weddings I enjoy spending time with my husband and son, watching reality TV (not so guilty pleasure), spending time outdoors, especially near the water, cheering on the San Francisco Giants and the Golden State Warriors, trying new restaurants and checking items off my bucket list!
- My favorite wedding tradition is Yichud, which comes from the Jewish culture. It's 10 minutes of alone time for the newlyweds right after the ceremony. I think everyone should have this private time to relish in the moment!
- My favorite flowers are peonies, ranunculus, Juliet roses and panda anemones.
- My favorite place that I've traveled to is Europe; London and Paris have a little piece of my heart.
- My favorite color is pink; I'm very much a girly girl.
- My favorite part of wedding days is when the couple gets to see their event set up for the first time. It's a combination of their vision and our hard work come to life.
- A fun fact about me is that I didn't have a name for the first 3 months after I was born (my parents were hippies!).
- My best advice to couples planning a wedding is to hire a planner! Let us handle the stress of planning so you can relax and and feel like a guest at your event. It's a decision you won't regret! I can't tell you how many times couples have said hiring a planner was the single best investment they made during the wedding planning process.
- Being a hopeless romantic, I instantly fell in love with everything that is the world of weddings & events. From the pretty design details, to the love story behind it all, I believe in the power of love and celebration.
- 5 things I can't live without are iced coffee, music, my family & friends, photography & bubble baths.
- My favorite part of wedding planning is bringing the couple's wedding vision to life. I love being such a close part of my client's big day and as I get to know them more personally, it makes the end result on the wedding day so much more special to witness.
- My favorite wine country restaurant is Campofina; it brings me back to my study abroad days in Italy.
- In my free time I love to explore all the beauty that is Northern California. I love to go to the beach, the river, wine tasting and concerts. I especially love being a tourist in San Francisco!
- My favorite wedding tradition is when couples write their own vows. I love hearing the touching and cheeky details of their authentic love story.
- My favorite flowers are anemones, especially Japanese anemones! Fun fact: they only come in two colors- pink or white.
- One of my favorite places that I have traveled is Thailand. Who doesn't want to drink fresh coconuts on a white sand beach surrounded by monkeys?!
- My favorite color is black. Classic, elegant and bold.
- My favorite part of wedding days is seeing the way the couple looks at each other when the bride walks down the aisle. It is such a genuine moment of true love and you can count on me to cry every time!
- A fun fact about me is that I tired out for Nick Viall's season of The Bachelor. I might not have made it to the final rose, but I'm still holding out hope!
- The best advice I can give to couples planning a wedding would be to remember that, while planning a wedding is more stressful than anyone expects, it's just one day out of a lifetime that you will spend together. Enjoy every step of the process, especially the wedding day itself as everyone says it goes by way too fast!
Wedding Planner - CWP
- I have been obsessed with weddings ever since I was a little girl! I have worked in other parts of the industry, but chose wedding planning because I knew it was my calling! I love knowing I am helping people plan one of the best days of their lives.
- Five things I can't live without are my family & friends, chap stick, earl grey tea, a hair tie somewhere near me and cheese.
- My favorite part about planning weddings is executing the day of the wedding. Seeing everyone's hard work come together and knowing that our clients are happy because of it!
- Gott's Roadside in St. Helena is my favorite wine country eatery. Who doesn't love a burger & wine?!
- In my free time I like to be outside as much as possible, attempting DIY projects (attempt being the key word), and trying new restaurants.
- My favorite wedding tradition is the groom not seeing the bride until she walks down the aisle.
- My favorite flowers are white and pink snap dragons, ranunculus and white garden roses.
- I've had the pleasure of traveling throughout South America, but Cusco, Peru was my very favorite. It's the most amazing little mountain town on your way up to Machu Picchu!
- My favorite color is white; all white everything with a little navy & black.
- My favorite part of wedding days is the moment I send the bride down the aisle and getting to watch everyone watching her.
- A fun fact about me is that I'm an animal fanatic. I have a serious soft spot for animals. I will cry when I see just about any animal movie, commercial or TV show. Those Budweiser commercials kill me!
- The best advice I could give to those planning their wedding is that this is going to be one of the best days of your life! Don't let planning get the best of you. No single decision you make is going to make or break your wedding!
Wedding Planner - bilingual
- Weddings to me are the most meaningful of all celebrations, but they are also the most complex. I got into wedding planning because I wanted to help couples through the process to make things easy and stress free.
- Five things I'd find hard to live without are my husband, my kids, optimism, amazing food and good times.
- My favorite part of wedding planning would have to be managing the actual wedding day. I love seeing all the planning finally come together and getting to be a part of it!
- My favorite local restaurant is Barndiva in Healdsburg. It offers amazing locally farmed food and has a fun museum & wine bar next door to explore.
- When I have free time I enjoy reading, bike riding and hanging out with my family.
- My favorite wedding tradition is the hora, the customary Jewish wedding dance. I love that it gets everyone on the dance floor!
- My favorite flowers are white tulips and succulents.
- Prague by far has been my favorite place that I've traveled to. Everything about that city was romantic and gorgeous!
- My favorite color is black because it's so flattering to wear.
- My favorite part of the wedding day is the father daughter dance. A close second are the speeches.
- A fun fact about me is that I lived in Mexico for five years and was a sign language (MSL) interpreter.
- The best advice I could give to couples planning their wedding is to be on the same page. It's important to agree on a budget and know what wedding day elements are most important to one another.
- Five things I can't live without are half caf lattes, Sol Food, glitter, feminism and my dogs.
- My favorite local restaurant is Madrona Manor in Healdsburg.
- In my free time I like to linger in coffee shops for far too long, walk my dogs, travel, craft and help other people.
- My favorite wedding tradition is the couples first dance; it allows the couple to have a private, quiet moment in the spotlight to relax, dance, sing, whisper or just be still, all while listening to their song.
- My favorite flowers are peonies, particularly before they've fully opened (and combined with succulents!).
- My favorite place to travel is to New York City, I leave a little piece of my heart every time I visit.
- My favorite color is teal!
- My favorite part of wedding days is the moment the ceremony ends. Everyone takes a deep breath, all the hustle and bustle has paid off, the performance piece is over and the rest of the night is a fun personalized party!
- A fun fact about me is that I have all 10 seasons of Beverly Hills 90210 on my DVR!
- Five things I can't live without are sunshine, green & chia tea, country music, Netflix and my friends & family.
- My favorite local restaurant is Starks in Santa Rosa, particularly during happy hour; everything is amazing!
- In my free time, I love to go on adventures to explore new places by taking road trips and hiking. I also enjoy cooking, crafting and reading a good book.
- My favorite wedding tradition is the father daughter dance, it's such a sweet moment that always brings a tear to my eye.
- My favorite flowers are lilies, dahlias, peonies and chrysanthemums.
- My favorite place I have traveled to is Maui, Hawai'i. They have the most beautiful beaches!
- My favorite color is all shades of purple.
- My favorite part of wedding days is seeing the reaction on the faces of the couple and love in their eyes as the bride walks down the aisle.
- A fun fact about me is that I've been a vegetarian since I started college!
- Five things I can't live without are coffee, chap stick, my planner, my friends and music.
- My favorite local restaurant is Sugo in Petaluma.
- In my free time I love to hang out at the beach, go to concerts and spend time with my friends.
- My favorite wedding tradition is the speeches! I love hearing all the sweet things the couples friends and family have to say about them.
- My favorite flowers are dahlias and tulips.
- My favorite travel destination has been Barcelona, Spain. I loved it because of the fantastic beaches, enjoying siestas, and going to flamenco shows.
- My favorite color is emerald green!
- My favorite part of wedding days is all the pre-ceremony excitement. I love setting up the couples personal decor and watching guests arrive to see such a beautiful event.
- A fun fact about me is that I'm named after Samantha from Bewitched!
- Five things I can't live without are coffee (I live, drink and breathe it, literally), family, food Netflix and my Raiders blanket. I don't care much about football, but I've had it since birth and it's softest thing ever!
- My favorite local restaurant is Gott's Roadside in St. Helena.
- In my free time, which is rare, I love to do anything relaxing such as hiking, shopping or binge watch a Netflix series.
- My favorite wedding tradition is forgoing the "first look". I love seeing the groom's face as he sees his bride for the first time walking down the aisle.
- My favorite flowers are tulips.
- I have yet to travel to many places but my favorite place that I've traveled so far is Hawai'i; I love Oahu!
- My favorite color is Tiffany blue.
- My favorite part of wedding days would have to be hearing the toasts. I love hearing stories that family and friends share with the couple.
- A fun fact about me, or maybe weird, is that I have dislocated my shoulder by simply raising my arms in the air.
- Five things I can't live without are coffee, my cats , travel, my family and my friends.
- Although it's not fancy, my favorite local restaurant is The Wurst in Healdsburg. They literally have the best burger on the planet!
- In my free time I like watching Gilmore Girls with my cats and planning my next adventure (and sometimes making my way to the gym).
- My favorite wedding tradition is skipping the first look. I love watching the couple as one walks down the aisle towards the other. It's such a raw and special moment.
- My favorite flowers are dahlias; I just love them!
- I would have to say that my favorite place that I've traveled to is Italy. I'm a sucker for any place that has really good food and beautiful sights to explore.
- My favorite color is purple.
- My favorite part of wedding days is the organized chaos of the set up of an event. I love seeing a space transform into the couple's vision.
- A fun fact about me is that I have an identical twin sister and because I'm so used to people calling me the wrong name, I will respond to either her name or mine!